Payroll Year End Returns Workshop
One day workshop
(Ref: PYE12w) :: Price - £429 + VAT
Delegates limited to 12
This essential one-day workshop prepares delegates for all aspects of the payroll year-end reconciliations and reporting.
All employers must submit accurate and timely year end returns in order to avoid having to pay costly penalties. The following payroll year-end returns are considered in depth as well as the method of submission
- P14 summary,
- P60 certificate,
- P35 return, and
- P38A supplementary return.
A very busy time for payroll
For the year-end to be a success, sound procedures and controls are essential throughout the year. Nevertheless, the tax year-end is a very busy time in the payroll department, reconciling and clearing down year-end balances, adjusting employee tax codes, setting parameters for the new tax year, making final payments to the Collector by the April deadline, completing all of the payroll summaries and returns by the May deadline.
Please note: Forms P11D, P11Db & P9D are not covered on this workshop - (For full in-depth coverage of P11D returns, see the one-day Advanced Payroll - Expenses & Benefits Workshop)
Like the other workshops in this advanced payroll series, a step-by-step approach to learning is used, supported by practical scenarios and exercises, to ensure that delegates learn to complete year-end returns by example, discussion and practice.
Who would benefit?
This is an essential and comprehensive workshop for all payroll, personnel, HR and accounts staff that have some or full responsibility for compiling the information and/or completing year-end returns.
- Timetable for submission of year-end returns,
- Penalties for inaccurate or late returns,
- On-line filing options
- Importance of Pay Period reconciliations throughout the year,
- Tracing missing NI numbers
- Year-end document checks of tax and NICs certificates including
- Employers Contracted-out Scheme Number (ECON),
- Scheme Contracted-out Number (SCON),
- Payroll Giving Scheme,
- Certificate of Election,
- Certificate of Age Exception and
- Certificate of Deferment.
- Year-end clear-down procedures,
- Preparing for weeks 53, 54 and 56,
- Applying P9X and P7X instructions for uplifting tax codes.
- Step-by-step review of each year-end return form, including
- P14 End of Year Summary,
- P60 End of Year Certificate,
- P35 Employer's Annual Return,
- Employer's Supplementary Return P38A
- How to complete each form and many valuable tips on year-end procedures
- The Government's timetable for compulsory electronic filing of year-end returns,
- Pros and cons of the different filing methods - Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Internet Services for PAYE (ISP).
Awareness of responsibility
After completing this comprehensive workshop, delegates will have a clear understanding of how to prepare for and complete all of the different payroll year-end returns, an awareness of the obligations and responsibilities imposed by the legislation, and a determination to avoid the penalties for getting it wrong.
Questions are encouraged
Questions are encouraged throughout the day and the tutor will give practical support and guidance.
Part of the Advanced Payroll Technician
course which can lead to a professional payroll qualification.
Click Here to - View Dates & Venues
« Payroll Courses